Welcome to the Mighty Hearts Project community. This community was founded by owners of dogs who have benefited from mitral valve repair surgery performed by Dr. Masami Uechi.
Feel free to ask questions, discuss your stories and experiences, share articles and/or research on advanced treatments for mitral valve disease, and participate in conversations. Please be respectful to all members and their opinions. Members who are unable to follow this rule will be removed from the group. Rules of engagement are as follows:
- The exchange of information does not replace veterinary exams and/or care. If you are in doubt, get it checked out.
- Please do not post advertisements for products you are selling.
- While we have every sympathy for dogs needing homes, lost dogs, fundraising for care, causes, etc., this is not the group to be posting in.
- Please take the time to read all of the comments on a particular thread before adding yours so that you are not repeating advice or adding advice after a question has already been answered.
- Please do not clutter up the Facebook feed with multiple posts on topics that do not relate to questions about the surgery or about MVD. (Asking for thoughts and prayers is fine, just please limit it to ONE post and add updates by editing that original post with the new information).
- Multiple posts on the same topic will be deleted to prevent them from spamming the Facebook community feed. This is to be considerate to other members looking for more information about Mitral Valve Disease and the Mitral Valve Repair surgical options.
- Graphic content such as dogs in acute respiratory distress are discouraged because it opens up the person to negative critique. Any such content (if the person really desires it to be posted) must be preceded by a ‘Graphic Content Warning’ and will be reviewed by the admins to decide if it is indeed appropriate to be posted on our page.
- Photos of deceased dogs (as in their actual dead bodies) no matter how lovingly done, will NOT be allowed on the page. (Yes, it’s been attempted).
- Complaints about specific individuals and/or the doctors who care for our dogs will NOT be tolerated. (We are not Yelp.) Any post that is not for solicitation of information and POSITIVE community support will be deleted and the poster given a gentle warning. Bashing of any kind will be strictly dealt with and repeated attempts will result in a ban from our page.
- Please do not post questions about why a post was deleted or someone was banned from the group.
- If you see a post that does not belong in the group, please report it to an administrator directly.
- We are a public group so think before you post.
Group Administrators are:
- Nate Estes
- Kaori Tomaru
- Carol Young
Group moderators are:
- Michele Boselli
- Ashley Grimes-Brown
- Emma Bennett
If you have any questions about the group, contact an administrator directly via private message.
Thank you for taking the time to read our rules of engagement.
Please visit our Mighty Hearts Project website to learn more about the mitral valve repair surgery, and to discover the latest information on MVD research.
-- Mighty Hearts Project Community Administrator Team